Tuesday, February 24, 2009


In my last post, I talked about our new found obsession with crayons. Oh how we love them. I, especially during these last very chilly weeks, have found myself staring at my mound of laundry as I color my cares away. =) And Caleb does such a fantastic job. He loves to color in his Bible story color book, his little notebook, oh, and the wall! Yep, that was last weeks festivities around here. I, while in the other room loading the dishwasher, noticed that he was being abnormally quiet. I returned to find the above picture. Notice that there is a variety of colors being used. This says to me that he took the time to put one down, think about it, and pick another up. Stunned and speechless, I knew there was nothing I could do at that point, which is when (and why) I took the picture. Note the pride on his face. I then explained to him that we DO NOT color on the walls- I am guessing that I didn't explain that before. He said ok, and I started scrubbing. Only to hear the slight scratching sound of crayon on paint on the other side of the room. I guess he didn't really understand. That artistic moment was met with consequence. And so have the other five that have occured this past week. I have given up, and went and picked up paint swatches. So if anyone would like to see his "exhibit", it's only on display for a limited time.

4 comments:

Wendys recipes said...

Love his little heart, I can't get over that cute little "don't be mad momma" look on his little face. Precious!!! Also, saw on the tv the other day on "how dirty is your house" show how to get that stuff off... Put a little vasaline on it, then wet a cloth with cool water, they say it wipes right off, not sure, but they wasnt scrubbing.

Turnipseed said...

I will try that! Thanks so much..and he was so very proud

amays said...

He looks so proud! You might get some of those magic erasers by mr clean...they work wonders. Kyndal hasn't colored on the walls (yet) but she has on the hardwood floors...go figure!

Turnipseed said...

I love the Magic Erasers, but they only went so far--then the paint started to come of (he scribbled very hard into the wall--he was determined). I thought we had gotten through, until I walked in and saw him drawing on the fridge... so crayons got taken away for the evening... hopefully, this will do it. =)