Sunday, March 15, 2009

W-I-N-D



So I think that I have stated before how Caleb loves letters and numbers..especially letters. Obsession would be a suitable word for it. Sometimes, when he is trying to go to sleep, I can hear him softly singing the alphabet to himself. When I hear him, I always rush to stand outside his door, so that I can hear it better. Those are the moments that I wish he could be two forever.

SuperWhy! has returned to becoming one of his favorite morning rituals, and I cannot believe the words he has learned how to spell through those little characters. About three nights ago, as he was playing with his bathtub letters, I noticed that he started to spell words on shower wall (the letters stick). At first he spelled CAT, which thoroughly impressed me. It was at my encouragement, that he continued--he's a "words of affirmation" boy if I've ever met one. It was when he spelled RAT, TOYS, WOLF, MINE, BLUE, MILK, and my favorite WIND, that my mouth fell wide open. I had to run and get the camera to take a picture, so that people would believe me. (which then accidentally got deleted, but I swear, it's true). At least now I know if I ever misspell a word, I have my own personal spellcheck with me.

No comments: