Monday, June 8, 2009

Moving Day


This post is definitely started with sprinkles of excitement, sadness, and the smallest bit of shame. Shame, because I was supposed to update last week, like I told my (one of two by the way) awesome sister-in-law Beth that I would. Excitement, because we are moving! And sadness because... well, we are moving. But back to the excitement. Rewind to about two weeks ago, when the Lord brought a huge blessing, in the form of a new place to call home, into our lives. It is an adorable house in a perfect location, wonderfully suited to take us into the next phase of our lives...this is where you probably are expecting a pregnancy announcement right?? Sorry to disappoint (mom)...

However, we are thrilled beyond belief at how the Lord answered so many prayer request, and brought us here "for such a time as this". So, we are moving...on Saturday (yikes) and thus the chaos begins.

And so does the nostalgia. I am going to miss our little "home" that we have had here for the past 5 years. It was also a HUGE answer to prayer at the time (a story that I will always treasure), and I know that I will have mixed feelings leaving it on Saturday. In this kitchen is where I told Sam we were having a baby. On that same note, we carried our new baby into this living room, and watched him toddle around here. This front "porch" (and I use that term loosely) has been marked by so many chalk ABC's that I truly believe that they are permanently engraved there, and I found out my sweet Mimi went to be with Jesus while leaning against the counter in the corner of the kitchen. I say all that to say this, the Lord continually reminds me that there is a season for everything, and at times we may get caught up in the excitement of the new, I don't think, He ever wants us to forget the blessings He gave us in the old..

So, I sit here typing, when I need to be wrapping and packing, thanking Him for His generous gifts, old and new.

1 comment:

Wendys recipes said...

Girl, congrats... your post made me cry, not sure why, but its almost as if I could feel what you felt when I was reading it... you are one heck of a writer... you took me to the place you were when you were writing that... hope all goes well, and happy you found a new place, hope you love it.